Friday, January 15, 2010

You'd better carry on and make it work

 So I was hoping to make it down to Chicago for a friend's birthday celebration next weekend. Figured I'd probably have to work Saturday night or Sunday morning, but I could switch with someone. Turns out I work BOTH so I won't be attending. I could have tried to ask off, but I found out it recently and the semester is starting again so we're working with new schedules, etc. I'll just come down to Chicago another weekend. :) On a related note I hope clopens don't become a regular occurrence. I don't mind them once in a while, but every weekend would suck. But hey I'm working so I can't complain too much.

On other news of the day yesterday was fun and interesting. I went with my friends Sam and CC to the mall to buy an outfit for CC. We went to lunch at the Cupcakery afterwards. Later in the afternoon I went to the grocery store for stuff for that evening and made some pita bread. I doctored up some pre-made hummus by adding more chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cumin and toasted pine nuts. Booth came over and we all watched Project Runway. I tried one of my new New Glarus beers - Stone soup. It was quite good.

This morning I ran 5 miles - woot! Sunday I'm going to run outside and take a break from the dreadmill. I went grocery shopping. I also dropped some stuff off at Goodwill and went back to the mall to buy those Lady Gaga'esque sunglasses. Good thing I went back since they were almost all gone! I read a bit this evening and will do so again soon. I am re-reading "The Diary of Anne Frank." It's amazing what you miss the first few times reading it.

I work tomorrow. I don't really know what to expect business wise. We'll of course have the girls from the salon from next door. Students are starting to come back so we might be busier, but classes don't start until Tuesday so it may not pick up until after that.

Random thought: I need to make a list of what I all need to do after work tomorrow. And also make my lunch.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment