Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow...great

I know I live in Wisconsin and am used to snow, but I had some probable plans tonight and if the roads are shit i'm not going to go out and kill myself. Well, probably not. Alabama boy would understand. He's still getting used to snow and probably wouldn't want to go out just to watch the football game. Unless he doesn't have a TV. Now I'm just rambling like I do when I leave phone messages. Moving on...

The hockey game was fun Tuesday night. The UW lost 9-0, but at the same time I didn't want the Olympic team to look bad. And look bad they did not! Just watching these women playing and passing and "doing their hockey thang" it was like wow, now I know why you were all chosen! I think this team has a very good chance of making it far into the medal round. Plus with Mark Johnson as their coach that will also help them since he is awesome.

Wednesday I worked out, had breakfast and went to work. The first 3 1/2 hours were slow. So my manager left at about 2:45 since she had been there ALL day and it was slow. I kid you not we became busy right after she left. And it was only me. No one had to wait for anything so that wasn't bad, but since we were closing at 4:00 and I was the only one there I had to do all of the closing tasks. No biggie, but when it's just one person closing and you have to stop constantly to help customers you fall behind. I was frustrated only because I had people coming over for dinner and I still had stuff to do. The last person left at about 4:40 and by that time all I had to do was mop. Annoying? Yes, but good for business. Plus I was trying to be polite and not kick people out. I caught a later bus that dropped me off at our bank where I met mom. If I didn't have people coming over I would have walked home since it's under a mile from the bank to my house.

This morning I'm not really doing much of anything. i'll shovel later. I'll try and come up with something creative for lunch. Maybe I'll take a porkchop out and do some BBQ stuff. Or something with my jerk seasoning. I'm not sure yet.

Random thought: More snow = sledding :)

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment