Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

 First day back to school and we were almost as busy as we were toward the end of the semester. I was so happy to be busy again! Working 8-8 1/2 hours alone is bad enough, but add a maximum of like 25-35 customers and it got rough. The money I took in in my drawer in about the span of an hour was about as much as I had done in an 8-hour shift over break. It was good to see some of my regulars again. My hottie came in, but I was unprepared and there were people in line so I could not get my flirt on. On some funny news a customer accidentally left a burnt joint at the counter so Erica, myself and a few customers had a good laugh over that. After work I met up with Ali and we had some laughs. I ran a few errands this evening and am now going to do a bit of reading before watching "Life After People."

Monday was good. My upper legs were sore from my impromptu 7-mile run so I went for a nice walk instead. Mum and I ran some errands. I did some misc. kitchen stuff. I did a lot of reading too. I finished "The Diary of Anne Frank." How that girl could write so eloquently, honestly and with such passion at her age and in those conditions just amazes me. I think now at almost 23 I can appreciate it. I found I had some things in common - current and non-current - with her. A few times I felt like how can I compare myself to her since she was living in such conditions and her life ended so tragically, but we are/were both young women just trying to figure things out and see how/where we belong in the world. And I think that's why her diary resonates generation after generation.

Random thought: This calorie counting thing is harder than it was last time.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment