Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tiredness. And a visit with Alison :)

Today was a tiring day at work. The first 4 hours of my 8-hour shift were great. Then it seemed like hell broke loose. We had some issues with the water pressure so the espresso machine was in-and-out for a little over an hour. Then the fire alarm went off; this time it wasn't a drill. We finished orders, told people to evacuate and cleaned a bit (mainly the espresso bar since we didn't want to leave espresso grounds all over) before going outside. Myself, Melissa and Erica were outside for not even three minutes when we saw other people go back into the building. Then our computers went down so we couldn't ring in any orders. If people had cash we used a calculator to figure out change and tax. Luckily, the computers were down for only 30-40 minutes so once they were back up I rang all of the orders back in. Oh and the fire alarm lights were still flashing for at least an hour after it was all over and that gave me a headache. At least Project Runway is on tonight. And Booth is coming over to watch. I'm having me a drink. And some cinnamon-raisin-walnut bread.

Yesterday was great. I rocked out another fedora at work. After work I visited Alison and Hatim. Oh my gosh is he a cutie! And he looks a lot like her. I imagine as he gets older he'll look more like Oday. It was nice spending some time with Alison again. She has a part-time job working from home so I know that makes her happy. She's able to provide for them as well as take care of Hatim.

Tomorrow I have the day off so I'll probably run or walk on the treadmill first thing. Mum and I will go grocery shopping at some point. I'm probably going out tomorrow evening.

Random thought: There are a few people I want to make friends with at work.
Random thought #2: Brewers on Deck schedule came out today - gotta plan accordingly!

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment