Friday, January 29, 2010

Today is a better day

 For the most part. However, my period came about 10 days early so that kind of sucks. Hormones, 1. Nicole, 0.

I was still a bit down this morning after last night's events. I ran some errands and FINALLY have my voicemail figured out. So if any of y'all try and call me it will eventually go to my voicemail. I guess it takes quite a few rings, but it's there. :) I also stopped at Cool Beans and chatted with the gang. I really needed that. I felt so much better. My outfit for 80's night is now ready. It won't be completely authentic, but I wanted to buy stuff I'd wear again. Found some cool accessories that I will definitely wear again. And a cool make-up kit for $4. I also bought some salmon at the grocery store and had that for lunch. Best impulse buy of the day was at the grocery store: cupcake cases for $0.20! Cub must have had an order cancelled at the last minute or something since these usually go for at least a dollar each at other stores.

I'm about to make a Hawaiian-inspired cake for 80's game night tomorrow. I should really post some yummy recipes I've made, but I don't really feel like typing it all out at the moment. I know, lazy. But I am tired. I'm always tired the first two days of my period. The one constant symptom I've had.

Random conversation from work yesterday:

Me: Joanna (co-worker), I should tell you about some drink specialty ideas for VD - I mean Valentine's Day. I probably shouldn't say VD.
Customer: *Snicker*
Me: Yeah...sometimes my mouth gets me into trouble.
Customer: Oh honey, I believe it!

My regulars are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment