Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm tired

My last night/morning of taking care of Sam's pets was last night and once again an hour before I was going to get up they decided that it was time to wake me up since they were hungry. Well even shutting them out of the room didn't help so after a while it was like "okay you win." But they were good for the most part this past week.

Yesterday went well. I worked and after work met Alison. I almost started crying since it had been since Thanksgiving since we'd seen each other. We didn't really know where to start because it had been so long. After a while it was just like old times. I kept saying over and over I'm so glad you're better and happy since that makes me happy. She didn't elaborate, but I know she and her husband had hit a rough patch in late winter. She's also pregnant so the less stressed she is the better. To you all reading this it'll be a surprise she's pregnant. I've known since early March, but she asked me to keep quiet. I asked if I could tell people if they inquire about her and she just laughed and said yes since it's obvious she's preggers. I figured it's not my place/news to tell unless they want me to. As we were leaving I told her I'd call sometime within the next few weeks and she laughed and told me "Nicole you can call me anytime." I'm glad to have her back. :)

After lunch I went to the store to pick up sugar. I watched the Brewers win their afternoon game and took a nap. Mum and I made refrigerator pickles before we went grocery shopping; perhaps I'll bring a little bit to the track next weekend. I listened to my friends' radio show, chatted with Jen, had dinner and went to Sam's to take care of the pets and spend the night.

This morning I went for a run. After a shower and breakfast I picked some raspberries and zucchini from Sam's garden. I plan on making some zucchini bread to share tomorrow. Grandma is spending the weekend so we're going to pick her up this afternoon. I may have to take Kevin's advice and get drunk since she's going to be here. lol LOVE my grandma, but she's one of those relatives where one weekend visit of her is enough. I know that sounds mean, but we all have those relatives.

Random thought: Stuffed zucchini for dinner tonight!

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment