Thursday, July 2, 2009

BBQ Friday night

You're all invited so if for some reason you're in the Madison area come to my place Friday night for an early 4th of July celebration. I'm trying to keep it low-key food wise. Whenever I host parties or have a BBQ I usually end up with a ton of leftovers. I told everyone that I'm only making chicken, corn-on-the-cob and apple pie. I have a vegetarian option available if someone wants that too and that if someone wants something else/different they can bring it themselves.

Today was good so far. I went for almost a 3-mile run before taking the suburban in for service. I came home and mowed the lawn and had breakfast. I was on hold with the unemployment office, but hung up when I realize they won't be able to help me. I haven't received any benefits yet. The first week I filed they noted a "problem" because I answered that I a) was not available to work and b) did not search for work. I was on vacation, pre-planned I might add. I was to call in and explain, which I did, and was told that I would have to wait at least 21 days to find out the final outcome of my appeal, AND if need be have a hearing. It's been almost six weeks and I have yet to hear a thing. I can't expedite the process so I'm basically playing the waiting game. Luckily I have a job now so I will be getting some income in again, but it's still annoying.

Mum and I are in the process of making pasta sauce so we're having pasta tonight. Tomorrow I'll get started on my prep for dinner. The pie won't be hard, the corn takes a minimal amount of prep and all I have to do is season the chicken. And then we'll have the BBQ and perhaps do something afterwards.

Random thought: Cubs suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment