Monday, August 3, 2009

The weekend or what I can remember

Friday night we picked up Grandma. I made stuffed zucchini for supper and it turned out good. We talked for a bit and I went to bed at around midnight. Saturday I got up and went for a run/walk. I showered, ate breakfast and talked with Grandma for a bit. Jaime, Chana and Sam came over. We went out to lunch at Monty's. Sam and I both had gift cards so our meal cost us a whopping 69 cents. Nice! We went to the park after lunch and looked at Chana's pictures from France. We talked and then walked to Dairy Queen. We disbanded at around 5:45. I didn't eat all my of ice cream so I'd have room for dinner. We grilled a turkey and some vegetables. Grandma also brough some German potato salad. For dessert I put some vanilla ice cream on some zucchini bread and drizzled some caramel sauce on it for Grandma. I finished my ice cream from earlier. I went to bed early since I was tired and started to feel myself getting crabby. Sunday I went for a walk, ate breakfast, read and talked with Grandma. Grandma and I had a light meal before mum and I drove Grandma back. I had dinner, watched Trueblood and read before going to bed.

Today was my first 8-hour day at the coffeeshop. It was slow, but the last hour flew. I ran a few errands after work. Now I'm making some food and doing random stuff. Tomorrow I only work a 4-hour shift so it's going to feel short after working 8 hours today.

Random thought: My raspberry-cherry jam turned out good.

~Nicole

2 comments: