Monday, July 13, 2009

Going to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches

Friday was dancing night! We met for drinks at Genna's first. My vodka-cranberry was especially strong so that was nice. We made sure we were there for the swing-dance lesson and I am so glad we did. Granted it was only basic moves, but I did a lot better than last time. I danced with some people who had been dancing for a number of years, but they, of course, were very gracious. After dancing we stopped at the grocery store for some food and made a quick stop at Lindsey's for her karoke machine. We drank, ate food, sang and talked until about 2:30.

I slept in until about 10:00 Saturday morning, the latest I've slept in for a while! I went for a quick 2 1/2 mile run before mowing the lawn. I had lunch and did some last minute prep for the pot luck. The parents were home by 3:00 and we talked before my company came over. We had chicken salad in lettuce leaves, watermelon, chips with fresh salsa and my attempt at an almond/cinnamon roll. It was nice to have some girl time and we're thinking of doing Indian food next time.

Sunday I was up and got some stuff done before picking up Sam to head to the Brewer game. We were "classy" tailgaters with our wine and peanut butter and HOMEMADE jelly sandwiches. And I had some fruit and yogurt. We had a good time at the game, even though they lost. And I enjoyed shouting at Manny Ramirez. On the way home we listened to 90's music (awesome) and made a quick stop at a grocery store. I watched the new episode of Trueblood and the last hour of the F1 race. SO happy that Mark Webber finally won his first race!

Today I woke up and went out for a walk. I chat on-line for a little bit. A lot of my friends had good news to share so that was awesome. Jaime found a place to live in NYC! I worked on some prep for dinner. We had pork chops with a peach sauce and doctored-up baked beans. I'm now watching the homerun derby and so far Prince is doing well! I work tomorrow and plan on watching the All-Star game. Braun is starting and hopefully I'll be able to see Fielder and Hoffman.

Random thought: Seeing pictures and reviews of the race in Toronto made me sad. That is NOT the race I remember.

~Nicole

3 comments: