Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mid Ohio

Thursday:
I woke up early and went for a run. I showered, shaved and dyed my hair. I finished packing and relaxed before catching the 1:00 bus to Midway. We arrived at Midway at about 4:45. Cat and I grabbed some Subway and went back to their place to finish packing and eat dinner. Al came home, changed and we all loaded the car. We were on the road by 6:15. It was a pretty uneventful drive; including the time change we got to Warsaw, IN at a little after 10:00. We visited with John for a little bit before heading to bed.

Friday:
I woke up to pee at 4:30 and was greeted by Stormy upon my return. We had some love time for a little bit. I got up and got dressed just before 5:00 since I knew we wanted an early start. We had some breakfast and left for Mid Ohio just after 6:00. It was a BORING drive - nothing around. We got to the track just past 9:30. We parked, met up with Jen and got familiar with our surroundings. I had a vodka lemonade. We found our campsite - VERY nice and it was close to the paddock and showers. We set up camp before heading to the paddock/pit. The very first thing I see - Justin Wilson on a scooter with his daughter. :) I saw some of the racing girls and visited for a little bit. I ran into Mel and FREAKED out. It had been six too-long of years since we'd seen each other. I invited her back to the campsite for lunch. I had a beer; it was a very good beer. It made me funny/happy since I was drinking it on almost an empty stomach. After lunch Mel took me on a tour of the track. After she left I went back to the campsite and helped with dinner. After dinner Al, Jen and Elaine got ready for bed I went to the other campground to hang with some friends. I had beer, some vodka-fruit punch and more beer. I did pretty decent in beer pong after all those beers. I drunk-dialed a few people. I talked with Jeremy most of the time. Because a few gates were closed I ended up walking through the paddock to get back to the campground; that was pretty fun tipsy. I brushed my teeth, got my pj's on and went to bed.

Saturday:
Slept AWFUL. Didn't help I was peeing almost every 1 1/2 hours and was cold and couldn't get comfortable. We had breakfast and we wandered off to the paddock and pits. We met up with Mel and her dad and talked for a bit. We talked with Joey Hand for about 10 minutes. I love that guy. I'm so happy he has a steady job. He showed us pictures of his children - adorable. I gave Justin Wilson his birthday cupcake. We had an early lunch before the ALMS autograph session. Jen had to report to the Atlantics tech for work. I hung out with Elaine and Al for a bit before the ALMS race. I wish Joey good luck. I went to my assigned grandstand seat, which actually provides great views. I sat with Mel and her dad and watched the first bit of the race. I went back to the campsite to get a snack before watching the rest of the race. I watched the beginning of the Atlantic race and headed back to camp. Elaine and Al were napping so I went back to the pits. They weren't really guarding the podium area so I went in and watched with Chris' parents. I got a bit of champagne sprayed on me. I went back to the campsite and helped Elaine and Al with dinner. Or I probably did. We ate dinner and then went to see how Jen was doing in tech. Us three talked with Sandy for a bit. Jen ate dinner while I put on my pj's and brushed my teeth. Jen went to shower and by the time she came back I was asleep.

Sunday:
I actually slept well, considering. I went for a short run and showered. We had a quick breakfast before getting as much of the campsite cleaned up as possible. I talked with Jeremy for a bit and roamed the paddock and talked with Ryan for a bit. I wished my people good luck. We had an early lunch before the race. I watched it from the grandstand with Mel. I'll give the irl credit - they hype it up. The race was good until Justin stalled it in the pits. After that I didn't really care anymore. I was happy Ryan finished 4th. I didn't even have my "race weekend is over" sadness. We went back to camp and didn't have much clean up and packing to do since we did a majority of it earlier. To let traffic clear/kill time Jen and I both showered. We left the track at about 4:45. We ran into some traffic, but not much. We stopped for gas and for dinner at Cracker Barrel - mine and Al's first visit there. Not too bad. We got to Warsaw just before 10:00. I tried to keep it a surprise, but failed - I had made and decorated an early birthday cake for Elaine since her birthday was the next day. Elaine and Al went to bed not too long after cake and Jen and I sat up for a bit.

Monday:
I was up just past 7:00. I had some breakfast and visited with Stormy. Elaine was up just past 8:00. Jen joined us soon afterwards. Stormy was on my lap about four different times that morning. We left Warsaw at 9:00-something. A pretty uneventful drive; it was nice gaining an hour back. We went out for Sushi for lunch. We got back to Elaine and Al's just past 1:00. We lounged for a bit before Elaine drove me back to Midway to catch the bus. The bus ride home was pretty uneventful. I got back to the house at 6:45 and left at 7:00 to plan our trip to NYC. We went to dinner at Quiznoes and went bowling and had some delicious Spotted Cow.

Tuesday:
I went for a run/walk, showered, had lunch, got pictures off the camera, spent time outside, did laundry, made dinner, am watching Brewer game and now have to look up cauliflower recipes.

Random thought: NYC over Halloween - woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment