Tuesday, August 18, 2009

State Fair

Sunday was State Fair day. I didn't get the best sleep since we went out the night before. I wasn't planning to go out, but I figure why not. I made scones for our trip to Milwaukee, or technically West Allis. It took us a little over an hour to get there. We checked out the animals first - the goats were SO cute! We then headed to the midway. Lindsey and Luke bought the unlimited daypass. Sam and I didn't want to go on as many rides so we just bought tickets for the ferris wheel and tilt-a-whirl. While Lindsey and Luke rode rides Sam and I checked out the Wisconsin products pavilion and the building with all of the different vendors (a lot of stuff you see on infomercials). We came back together to have beer. I was happy they had spotted cow. We saw that there was to be dualing pianos so we watched that on-and-off for over three hours. Lindsey and Luke wanted to go on a few more rides before we called it a night.

Monday was very tiring. I started work at 7:00, which isn't bad. I went to bed at a decent hour the night before so I got plenty of sleep, but I was still so tired. Of course it was the first full day of my period and I'm always tired the first 1-2 days. I had another delicious lunch of pita, veggies and hummus before taking a nap. I hung out with the parents and had dinner before I met Lindsey and Luke for bowling and beer. And a panty dropper - the shot. We had fun at the jukebox.

This morning I woke up hungry so I had breakfast before I worked out. I met Sam and Chana for lunch at this new Asian buffet. Good food for the most part at very good prices. Mum and I ran some errands. We made a pizza for lunch. Luke, Lindsey and I are going to watch Scooby Doo tonight since we decided to dress up (along with Jaime) as those characters for Halloween in NYC. I'm going to be Velma or whatever her name is. I never watched the show.

Random thought: C'mon Brewers...

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment