Saturday, August 15, 2009

Best $1.50 ever

I worked 8 hours yesterday. I'm not complaining, but the last 3 hours we were so dead so the time dragged. I felt like I was at Cool Beans again since I finished a Sudoku puzzle and attempted a crossword. After work I mowed the lawn and showered and made myself a sandwich. I got ready to go out. We started at Gennas and I realized I forgot to put on deoderant. The best $1.50 I spent that night was at Walgreens for a trial size of deoderant. I felt SO much better after putting that on. We had a red-headed slut, which tasted like glorified cough medicine. Lindsey thinks it was made slightly different. Not bad, but I won't have one again by choice. We went to The City after that and then Wandos and ended our evening at Ians for pizza. We picked up the karoke at Lindsey's and sang horribly at my house. I was in bed a little after 2:00.

I was up at a little after 7:00 to hit up the Farmer's Market with Sam and Chana. I finally tried the scone place that has the "semi healthy scones" to the "extremely healthy scones." There are four different categories so I had the very healthy and one of the not so healthy. I enjoyed the very healthy a lot. After that we went to Java Cat for coffee. I had a very good latte; I was impressed. We killed some time before seeing an early showing of "Julie and Julia." It is very cute and it made want to cook even more! lol

Tonight I'm just hanging here. I picked up some hummus so I'll be having that with some vegetables and pita for dinner. I'll watch the baseball game. We're going to the State Fair tomorrow so that'll be fun.

Random thought: Get to make British scones tomorrow!

~Nicole

2 comments:

  1. is the scone place at the farmers' market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. It's on Pinckney. I don't remember the name of the vendor.

    ReplyDelete