Monday, September 7, 2009

The Taste and a Craigslist personal ad?!

Saturday I was up early for work. It was pretty slow, but the day didn't drag. It helped since I was the only one out front and I was constantly finding something to clean or reorganize. After work I changed and met Lindsey, Luke, Sam and CC and we went to the Taste of Madison. It's where a bunch of local restaurants have a booth and offer smaller portions of their popular items. Most items run $2-4. I had eggplant fries with a lemon aioli, veggie-mango curry and a peach-melon soup. The eggplant fries were AWESOME; I want to try and replicate those since those were amazing. Even if I don't fry it I could probably oven-bake them. The curry was okay. The soup was decent, a nice way to end the evening. I played with my neighbors for a bit before I met Lindsey and Luke. We went grocery shopping for pizza ingredients and we bought beer. We made pizza, drank beer and enjoyed a s'more.

Sunday I was up early and went out for a walk. After the walk I got things ready for the Brewer game. Mom and I went and had a good time, but our seats were in the sun and it got really warm. The game went into extra innings so by the time the extra innings started we were in the shade. We stopped and shared an ice cream cone. I fixed myself french toast for dinner.

This morning I went out for a nice run and walk. After a shower, breakfast and doing misc. stuff Lindsey and I did some window shopping. After I got back I made lunch and watched the game. Lindsey talked me into looking into Craigslist personal ads to get myself into the game. I was a bit leary at first, but after talking to her and Jen I figured what do I have to lose? Found someone with similar interests and we'll see. It's not like I'm looking for a husband and who knows, maybe I'll end up with a friend or something more. Jeremy and I have similar interests and we talk almost daily. I had a work meeting downtown so I left early and met Lindsey and Luke for a beer. The work meeting was boring, but we got pizza. I filled up the car with gas before stopping home. I might watch a movie tonight, but I'm not sure. I work Tuesday-Saturday this week so don't expect long updates.

Random thought: I felt something crawling on me and it was a spider - gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment