Friday, September 11, 2009

Chocolate croissants are delicious

Just sayin'. Especially after eating 2 of them. Small ones. And homemade.

It's been a productive week work wise. I worked 8 1/2 hours Tuesday, 7 hours on Wednesday, a little over 6 hours yesterday (I was originally scheduled for 4!), 5 1/2 hours today and I'm scheduled for 8 hours tomorrow. I am scheduled for 30 next week - yes! Tomorrow I'm taking the bus to work. It'll be my first time doing that. Tim and some other friends said not to park in-or-near downtown if there is a Badger game at 11:00, which there is tomorrow. Next week I'll face the same issue, but I'm going to go down early and shop at the farmer's market. It'll be prime apple time so I'm excited to buy UNpasteurized apple cider. There's a taste difference between pasteurized and unpasteurized.

I have the day off on Sunday, but I already have a list of things I need to do! lol Some of those aren't bad, such as laundry and running the dishwasher. Actually most of them aren't, but it's just the fact that I have a decent list of things I need/should to do! I also have Monday off so I'll have two days in a row - woot!

The parents are on a two-week vacation so it's just me and the cat. One of my goals is to try a new recipe each day. Today I made this chicken-pumpkin lasagna. If I make it again I should tweak some of the flavours, but for the first time it wasn't bad. I literally thought of the recipe on the spot. I originally was going to make ravioli, but that takes time and I didn't want to do that tonight. We have lasagna noodles so I decided to make a lasagna. I layered the noodles, pumpkin, bechamel sauce and chicken and topped it with a bit of cheese. Tomorrow Luke, Lindsey and I are going to a Japanese restaurant so I'll be trying some new Japanese items. I'll most likely have sushi, but I'll try rolls I have not had before.

Random thought: Even though I am not a big fan of Fox News at least they showed the shuttle landing.

~Nicole

1 comment:

  1. c'mon, you can tell me if they weren't really small ones. i ate many more in one sitting. we were gone all weekend so there's still one left. perhaps i will make my way over to it now...

    ReplyDelete