Monday, May 31, 2010

So Shane came over to dinner...

 ...and it went great!

When we pulled into my driveway I suddenly got a little nervous. He had to calm me down a little bit. We went outside and I joked that we had a double whammy - the neighbours were over. We did introductions and all started talking. Lily and Elise wanted me to jump in the pool so I did. However, the landing wasn't so pretty. I jumped and tried to get my legs crossed so I'd land on my butt. Well I didn't have enough time to do that and was in the process of crossing my legs when I landed so the right side of my right food hit my left leg just below my knee. I hobbled back home in pain and my the spot on my left leg swelled up so bad, maybe 4" x 2". I put some ice on it and the swelling went down, but even the slightest touch still hurts. The neighbours left and then it was just us four talking and eating. The conversation flowed so easily, which is what I really hoped for. And my parents REALLY like him. :)

The rest of the weekend...hmmm. I worked Friday, went for a bit of a run, and went grocery shopping. I went downtown and read at coffeeshop for almost an hour and then met Shane and Val at work at the end of their shift. We went out for a few drinks. They were delicious, but they caught up with me. I did not get sick, but I felt awful on Saturday morning. Shane took very good care of me. :) I walked him to work, went to the westside farmer's market and then headed home. I had mac 'n cheese, napped and then went to pick my boy up for dinner.

Sunday should have been a great day, but it was meh. I woke up with an awful cold and a bit of a cough. Val and I went to the Brewer game. It was soooooo hot and our seats were in the sun. We maybe spent half the game in my seats and then the other half finding shade. Between her being sunburned and overheated and me being sick and overheated none of us had the best of times after maybe the 4th inning. We're still glad we went and we had fun, but circumstances prevented it from being great.

Oh and I did make my new weekly recipe last week: pop-tarts. They were okay - nothing special and they don't hold up in a cookie jar so I'm going to have to throw them out. I won't post the recipe.

Random thought: I feel awful.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment