Friday, May 7, 2010

New recipe 5/52

I've had this recipe for a watermelon cake for NINE years and I finally made it a few days ago.

You basically add watermelon gelatin mix to a white cake mix and decorate it like a cut-up watermelon. In the original recipe the cake turned out pink, but the only watermelon gelatin I was able to find was green so essentially I had an "inside out" cake. The actual cake itself was green so I decorated it in red icing and used chocolate chips for the seeds, like the recipe called for. It turned out really good - Shane and I shared a little more than half (it was a tiny one, about 3" in diameter) and I polished it off this afternoon.

Of course I made my own white cake mix and made my own icing.

Random thought: Last night was fun and needed.

~Nicole

2 comments:

  1. please tell me you took pictures...!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't take pictures. :( I've been so bad at that lately. I'll make it when we all get together next!

    ReplyDelete