Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New recipe 6/52

I'm currently noming on it as I type!

Balsamic-Glazed Salmon:
-salmon fillet(s)
-olive oil
-chicken broth
-balsamic vinegar
-brown sugar
-orange juice
-salt
-pepper
-ginger*
-garlic*
-cornstarch, if necessary

Chop the ginger and garlic. Marinate the salmon in the oil, broth, vinegar, juice, sugar, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic for 2-4 hours. Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes (depending on size and thickness of fillets). While fish cooks bring the marinade to a boil and reduce until it thickens. If it is not thick enough by the time the salmon is done thicken it with the cornstarch. Pour sauce on top of fish or serve the sauce on the side.

Notes:
-While the original recipe included amounts I did not because it really depends on how much fish you have. Plus I LOVE balsamic so I probably used a bit more than what the recipe called for.
-The original recipe did not call for the ginger and garlic, but I put it in for flavour. Plus it's delicious.



~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment