Monday, May 17, 2010

A lovely, but chilly picnic

 So late last week Shane and I decided to go on a picnic Sunday. The original forecast called for it to be sunny and 70 - almost perfect! It was actually 63, overcast and a bit windy. It was still a lovely time. We went to Lake Kegonsa, which is about 15 minutes away from Madison. I had packed sandwiches, veggies and dip, fruit, teddy grahams, cheetoes, a pear-almond tart and various beverages. It was very good. We sat and talked for hours. We had fun playing on some playground equipment. I have some pictures; I'll post those later in the week since we're seeing each other again tomorrow and will try for more pictures.

The weekend was nice. I worked Saturday and Sunday mornings. It was so cute seeing all of the graduates come in in their cap and gowns. Today it was pleasantly steady at work. With almost all of the students gone we have definitely slowed down, but it was nothing like last summer. I think it helps that we are better known.

Tomorrow I open and then plan on going for a run after work. I need to run some errands in the afternoon and then Shane and I will be spending the evening together. I may bring my violin, I'm not sure.

Random thought: Older sisters, I may need your advice later on in the week. Going through something and I may not be able to "figure" it out on my own.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment