Sunday, November 8, 2009

The lovely weather/weekend

Friday was a good day. It wasn't horribly busy. After work I met my friend Ali. She sat with me while I ate Jimmy Johns (sandwich shop) for lunch and then we split ice cream from Coldstone. After we split up I wandered to the Memorial Union and found a funny birthday card for my brother. Since I was meeting Booth (yes, that's his real name) for drinks later I just took my stuff to work instead of going home and then coming back downtown. I mailed something for my friend. I glamoured myself up, which consisted of changing clothes (didn't want to smell like coffee) and a bit of make up. He was running a little late (see the anticipation post) and that was making me anxious. I called Lindsey and she told me to call him. I was going to wait another 10 minutes (by this time it would have been 30 minutes after the time he gave). I talked to a co-worker and he called and apologized for being late. Since he's not from here he doesn't know the area so we met at my work and we walked to Genna's. We talked for a couple of hours. I can tell we both had a good time and we plan on hanging out more often; we'll see what happens. Like I said before if all else I made a new friend. I took the bus home and talked to Mel, stopped at Culvers for cheesecurds and talked to the parents until midnight.

Saturday I went out for a run. I wanted to go for a longer run, but with the 5-mile race on Sunday I didn't want to tire out my legs. After my run I basically did a lot of nothing until I left for work just past 3:00. It was a pretty slow night. Joanna and I made pizza. After work I came home and talked with the parents. I was in bed by 11:00'ish. I was tired. I'm used to being up between 5:00-6:00 so I tired early.

This morning I woke up and read the newspaper. I had a light breakfast and watched a special episode of "Top Chef" before getting ready for the run. GORGEOUS day for one. Should have worn shorts though. My mouth became very, very dry within the first five minutes. Just before mile two there was a drinking fountain so I took a swig of water from that. I had a decent race. My pace was better than I thought. I thought I'd be around 10-minute mile, but my average was about a 9:36. That includes walking up some hills, which I know I could have ran up (I've done this race before), but right after mile one and just before mile three I had very bad stomach cramps. Even though during races I HATE walking I figured it's going to be better if I take a few walk breaks. This turned out to be true. I finished in about 48 minutes and AC/DC helped me cross the line with "Hells Bells."

This evening I'm going to karoke. I told Booth about it Friday and he seemed interested. I called and left him a message, but he called me back and can't make it tonight. I was kind of bummed, but actually happy that he called me back (am I pathetic or what?) since if he hadn't of by a certain time I was toying if I should call him again or not. We'll see each other at my work and we'll definitely hang out again.

Random thought: I totally felt gourmet in my lunch and dinner choices today.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment