Monday, March 16, 2009

She's my cherry pie

"Slumdog Millionaire" is a good movie. If you have not seen it, please do. Or at least rent it when it comes out on DVD.

I worked Saturday. We had a very busy day, but that also translates into good business and little waste. I was home a little before 5:00 and since it was so nice out I went for a walk. After my walk I showered and started on my chicken for my salad and making my ice cream. That night was dessert and drinks night at Laura's so I wanted a light dinner. I headed over there at a little before 8:00. I got to hold baby Eliot - she has grown soooooo much in just a few months and her eyes are open more often. As the youngest child and growing up with other kids my own age I am literally watching and learning how children grow up through my friend's children and through my neighbors. I probably ate too much dessert, but I rarely eat dessert and I ate good the day before. It was a very fun night.

Sunday night I worked as well. VERY busy day and GOOD day. Our main night baker just quit so we talked about things and I may be picking up a night shift once a week. Things are still being worked out, but if it was consistent (the same night each week) I would not mind doing it. Plus it would give me a chance to learn more. I visited with our neighbors after I got home. Since it was French food night I made a quick olive dip and crepes before heading over to Jaime's. Luke was late, as usual. We made dinner and watched "Amelie." I was home by 11:00 and watched the last half hour of the 30 Clubs in 30 Days special on the Brewers.

A bit off-topic, but Jolie said I need to blog about it so I am. I was on my high school paper for 3 years and was even editor for one semester my senior year. Jaime's brother is a senior this year and he brought home a copy of the paper. We all read it and I seriously wanted to write to the paper and say "WHAT THE HELL?!" Granted when we were there the paper was not perfect, but it has gone down hill. Articles have opinions inserted in them when it is not an opinion article. Their sports pages did not talk about school sports. Granted February is in the middle of the winter sports season, but sectionals and play-offs are coming up. Spring sports are coming up. It just made me sad because it's not money that is making the paper bad. I don't know the advisor/teacher or any of the students, but it's simple editing or it may have to be better teaching that will improve the paper.

Random thought: Outside runs = happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment