Thursday, February 26, 2009

Success!

I was craving peanut butter chocolate chip cookies so I found a recipe, but whenever I make stuff I always want to reduce the sugar and fat. I had semi-ripened banana on hand so I used that and the results were delicious. Below are the recipes, the first being the original and the second being mine.

Original:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1 1/4 cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

My revision:
3 T. butter
1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 six-inch semi-ripened banana
1/3 c. peanut butter
1 egg
1 T. water
1/2 c. wheat flour
3/4 c. AP flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Random thought: I can has yummy cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment