Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You look like a girl from Abercrombie & Fitch

I am tired. I had issues sleeping last night. I was also hungry and chilly. I grabbed another blanket for my bed. True it's been cold again, but even when it's been above-normal temperatures I'm just cold.

Today was a good day at work. I didn't make much food because Silvia and the owners had to leave so I was manning the ship solo for a little over an hour. Not too troubling, but a group of 20 elderly people came in AND the Sysco order arrived at the same time. Luckily the owners had to come back for something they forgot and Nancy stayed to help me since Silvia's appointment took longer than they thought.

I voted and went for a run after I got home. I thought about getting on the treadmill, but the temperature was decent and since we're expecting more snow and it won't be leaving for a while I might as well take advantage of the weather. I called Kendra earlier in the day; she called me back and we talked about Alison. Kendra and I weren't really close, but we knew each other through classes and activities. It turns out she hasn't spoken to Alison since last summer and she's been concerned about her too. Now she's even more concerned since she's not talking to me either. When I called Alison a few weeks ago I left a message that said "hey if you're tired of me calling just let me know and I'll stop." I haven't heard anything. Kendra and I talked and one or both of us is going to call her parents soon and bring it up without worrying them, like "I haven't heard from Alison for a while - do I have her correct phone number?" and perhaps go from there. I know Alison's not as close with her family so if they don't think or don't know if anything is going on I don't want to worry them. But at the same time I miss my friend and if something is wrong I want to help her.

Random thought: Mmm...dutch-baby pancake for breakfast tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment