Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Amusing finds

Amazing what one finds while cleaning a room. I found another creative writing notebook from when I took it my senior year. I actually wrote a few good short stories. So many of my poems involved racing or my friends - two or three were about Andrew Ranger. ;) Part of me wants to try and just write short stories again, but I would need structure. Back when I was younger I could just sit at my computer and type for hours and hours, but I cannot do that anymore. That's what I liked most about taking creative writing classes was the structure or guidelines. Not telling us was what to write necessarily, but having us concentrate on one aspect at a time such as dialogue, a strong voice or slowing down a moment in time.

I finally go back to work tomorrow so that will be fun.

Random thought: Pitchers and catchers report on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Did you have creative writing with Mr. McCuaig? Is that how you spell it? He comes into the Nickel all the dang time. xD

    ReplyDelete