Sunday, June 27, 2010

Still functioning on 2'ish hours of sleep

I won't do it all the time, but last night was definitely worth it.

I went to Shane's show last night. I wanted to go, but I kept having mixed feelings since I knew it was going to be a late night and I didn't know how much time I'd get to see him. And I wouldn't know anyone there. I was there about 30 minutes before he and people I recognized/kind of new showed up so I just made a few phone calls. He introduced me to some people and a group of us ladies got to chatting. These ladies were so nice and fun to talk to. In the beginning of the night I was mostly hanging around Shane, but as it got going I was mingling back and forth.

The show was amazing. There were some sound issues with Nika's (the lead singer aka Zola Jesus) mike so you couldn't always understand her. I was such a proud girlfriend. He REALLY gets into his keys. It felt good to finally see him doing something he really enjoys. At a little after 2:00 a.m. I asked Shane for his key since I was tired and had to be up at 6:00. I went to bed and soon after I started to relax the rest of the guys came home. They weren't loud, but it was hard to try to fall asleep. Then Shane came into his room and we didn't fall right to sleep. I fell asleep maybe at 3:30'ish, a little before. Then I was basically awake from 5:30 a.m. on. Work was okay this morning, nothing too crazy.

The weekend has been okay otherwise. I closed Friday and opened on Saturday. I rested as much as possible Saturday so I could make it through his show. It's been standard weekend for me.

Random thought: SO excited to work more on Shane's birthday gift!

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment