Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kinda, sorta big news

I'm moving out of my parent's house for at least the month of August.

Currently three of my friends (Sam, Carolyn and CC) are sharing the house Sam grew up in. Carolyn is moving to Milwaukee for grad school in August and they'll need another roommate. They asked me and I accepted. I am living there at least the month of August. I would obviously be giving up a lot of things, including access to a car. We won't be too busy work wise in August so I'll have time to think/experience this and if it honestly doesn't work out I'll move back home.

Dad doesn't think it's a good idea financially. Mom thinks I'll be okay financially, but it's all the little things that I may not think of at the moment that will affect me. I really want it to work out. More independence, more life experiences, etc. Sam's house isn't too far away so I am still close to grocery stores, bus routes, library, post office, etc. Shane can spend the night at my place. ;)

It'll be a change and a challenge, but I'm ready for it.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment