Thursday, June 24, 2010

New recipe of the week

 Sorry I haven't posted for a while. The week has been okay. It's been a typical week for me. I've worked, ran errands and had my class. I went to the Brewer game last night and they FINALLY won when I was in attendance.

Here's the recipe of the week. I have my changes below.

Chocolate Toffee Cookies:
-1 stick of butter
-1 c. + 2T. sugar
-1 egg
-1 T. dark rum
-1 t. vanilla
-1 c. flour
-1/2 c. cocoa powder
-1/2 t. baking soda
-1/4 t. salt
-1 1/2 c. toffee baking bits
-1/2 c. chopped almonds

Soften butter and beat with sugar until fluffy. Add egg, rum and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Slowly add to the wet mixture until just combined. Stir in the toffee bits and almonds. Drop cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly golden. Let cool for one minute on the sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.

Notes:
-I used less sugar and butter
-I used milk instead of rum because I didn't have rum and the woman I made them for is pregnant. Not that a tablespoon would matter for the entire recipe, but still.
-If you don't want to buy toffee bits just chop up 3 toffee bars for the full recipe
-I omitted the nuts since I didn't have any - you could probably do without them anyways

Random thought: I am feeling very Eeyore'ish right now.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment