Sunday, June 6, 2010

The weekend and booze cake-brownies

Honestly, nothing too exciting happened.

Friday I only worked 2-5:30, a short, sweet shift. That night I made my new recipe of the week: "booze cake brownies." The recipe was a whiskey-guiness cake, but I didn't have the whiskey or guiness. I don't drink Guiness and good whiskey is pricey so I used some of the coffee liquor I had. It turned out pretty good. If I ever have whiskey and Guiness on hand I'd make the actual recipe. I brought the cake to a party I went to that night. I had a good time and if I had not have had plans for Saturday morning I would have stayed later.

Saturday was exciting. I met Nadine at the Farmer's Market. We saw cows and walked around. We split two scones. I bought cilantro and catnip. We sat and talked for a few hours before heading our separate ways. I went to the grocery store and bought ingredients for salsa. I made the salsa, visited with the neighbours, had lunch, and worked on my resume. I headed over to Shane's around 4:00. It started POURING when I parked and luckily I had an umbrella. The bottom of my skirt was soaked. We had a good time.

I worked this morning and it was sssssssllllllllllooooooooowwwwwww. I visited with Ali after work and went to the co-op since I was hungry. I am eating dinner now, just turned on the game and will lounge for the rest of the evening. I'll be opening for the next few days.

Random thought: Will I be able to buy this booze with a straight face?

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment