Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Being in funk...and this week's new recipe

Yesterday, for example, was just not a good day. Shane and I made temporary lunch plans. He said he'd call, which he did, but he called later than I thought he was going to and I got hungry. I kid you not I was about to finish my sandwich when he called. I didn't get upset at him, but I got upset that I had started making this sandwich and I had to rush to catch the bus and I ended up driving anyways since his rehearsal plans changed. I had also rushed through making food Monday night since I wasn't sure if we were doing Monday dinner or Tuesday lunch. Add to that all of this hormonal shit and my grandma with the alzheimers is basically on death's door made for a not-very pleasant Nicole. AND Shane was in a bad mood too. We didn't take it out on each other, but we just needed each other's company. Just laying in bed and holding each other. I had to open this morning and I really don't want to leave him at the end of the night, but last night I just felt like I HAD to stay. But I didn't.

This morning I was still in a bit of a bad mood, but I got better as the day went on. Nadine and myself helped Laura paint. It was soooo good to visit and talk; Oliver and Eliot are getting so big! Tonight I have my class. I have the day off tomorrow. Maybe I'll make something Mexican for lunch since I have cilantro. And tortillas. I'll figure something out.



Recipe time:
So I made a mini cheesecake. I have a 3" springform and I wanted a small dessert for our meal (Shane doesn't really eat sweets) so I made a small one. I took your basic ingredients and just made something up on the spot. lol I used low-fat cream cheese, fat-free sour cream, sugar, vanilla, an egg white, pinch of salt, fresh strawberries and a crust made of teddy grahams, wheat thins and a bit of margarine. It didn't taste too bad, almost like yoghurt. It would have set up better if it was

Random thought: I need to figure out dinner. And put some gas in my car.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment