Saturday, June 19, 2010

Is it wrong?

Is it wrong to be a little jealous of people who can go places while I sit on my ass in Madison?

I know I could go places. I've got money saved up. I don't have amounts and amounts, but if I wanted to take a trip somewhere I could afford it. I've never done that because to my advantage (or detriment) I've always been a responsible person. I never spend more than I make. Even though I don't always need to be cheap I am cheap almost 100% of the time so I can save money. Whenever I go shopping I usually spend less than I budget because "I don't really need that."

Part of why I may not go places is because I feel bad asking for time off. I've always felt bad asking for time off. I am going to e-mail my manager soon with my July requests and I am now re-thinking a few days. One of my co-workers called and she has to quit because the opportunity she originally lost suddenly came back to her and she has to leave next weekend. I am happy for her, but now we're going to be short-staffed. And one of our workers can work less than he originally thought. I get roughly 2 days off a week, which is fine, but asking for those extra days off is what I feel bad about.

I thought about maybe going somewhere over the 4th of July weekend, but with me moving out for at least the month of August I have to really start budgeting my money, moreso than I already do, so I'll probably scratch that. I have to buy a bike - don't know how much that will cost me.

Random thought: I'm going to tune in to see the first few minutes as nastycar craps all over my home track of Road America.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment