Monday, June 14, 2010

New recipe: jalopeno-cheese-onion bread

 I technically made it Saturday, but there's still leftovers so it'll count!

Whenever I see Shane I almost always bring food. He isn't a big sweets fan and I wanted to try something new. I had been wanting to make smittenkitchen.com/2010/01/ricotta-muffins/. It was last minute and I didn't have all of the ingredients. Instead of stuffing the muffins I used the ricotta in place of some of the yoghurt and used milk as well. I also cut up a jalopeno pepper, some onion and grated some cheese and added that as well. I, being Nicole, used less sugar and oil. I didn't want it to be a sweet bread so I didn't want that sugar anyways. I also omitted the fennel and the nuts. And I also added about 3/4 cup of shredded cheese.

It turned out pretty good. The bit of sweetness really complimented the heat from the peppers. I think I'd used another 1/2 or whole jalopeno next time since the ricotta and the milk cancelled a bit of the heat.

Random thought: This evening is a better evening than last evening.



~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment