Thursday, July 1, 2010

News and the new recipe of the week

 It's been a typical work week for me. I usually work mornings now. I enjoy being done early, but I can't stay out too late. Or I could, but I'm responsible so I don't. And I enjoy my sleep. Tuesday was a nice change. I was originally scheduled to close, but Melissa scheduled too many people to close so she gave me an option to have the day off, close or work 8-12. I worked 8-12. I went for a run before work and it was AMAZING running with the sun rising. I had a meeting after work and we went over what I'd need to do/know when Melissa is gone next week. I am in charge so that'll different. My overall duties don't really change. I'll do all of the orders, but if there is any sort of problem I have to deal with it. Hopefully there won't be anything major.

Shane's birthday was yesterday and I'm celebrating with him tonight. I've had his birthday gifts planned out for weeks. lol My good friend Laura www.laurazastrow.com is an amazing photographer and she helped me "doctor" up some photos I had of Shane and I. I printed those on photo paper and put them in a nice frame. I also made him a mix CD and bought him "Wayne's World" and "Wayne's World 2." Those movies have special meaning since when we first met once of us dropped a quote from the movie not thinking the other would get it, but we did so it's like okay this person has potential. ;) I also made him a few cookies and a spinach-and-artichoke dip "cake." He's not a big sweets fan, hence why he's only getting a few cookies, but I really wanted to make him a cake. He LOVES spinach-and-artichoke dip so I made a small batch and put some provolone cheese on top as the "frosting" and snipped some fresh chives as the "sprinkles." And a candle of course.

I don't have any plans for the holiday weekend. I work Saturday morning, have Sunday off and work 6:30-2:30 on Monday so I can't really have any plans that would require a long road trip. Oh well. It'll be nice to lounge for a bit before I get to play manager.

Oh and the new weekly recipe was a sugar cookie dough. It was the most basic I had ever seen - just butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. I used a little less sugar and butter and used almond extract instead of vanilla since Shane likes almond flavour. :)


Random thought: I can't wait for Shane to open his gifts!

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment