Sunday, April 18, 2010

A thankful blog

 When I was thinking about blogging earlier I was going to blog more about Shane. With the help of mom I realized that he probably won't be back as originally scheduled because of the delays due to the volcano. My emotions have been up-and-down since. They still are that way and I do want him home, but I realized something:

Be thankful.

Be thankful you know where he is
Be thankful he is safer staying in Europe a bit longer
Be thankful he was able to go on this amazing adventure

And the one that really got me thinking:

Nicole, be thankful he is not in Iraq or Afghanistan.

There are plenty of wives, spouses, fiancees, girlfriends, etc. whose men are risking their lives over there every single day. They would rather by in MY shoes. I am guessing Shane will be gone 1-1 1/2 weeks longer than anticipated. These women (and men) have a timeline of when their loved ones will be home, but it's not exact. It could be longer; shorter. There is always the possibility of severe injury or death. I should NOT be complaining about my boyfriend being gone a week or so longer than usual.

I am thankful for these men and women who are out there in the Middle East. Regardless of opinion about the wars these men and women deserve our most humble gratitude.

I know I will continue to have these up-and-down emotions about Shane, but I will not complain via blog or by word of mouth. He WILL be coming home to me sooner than later.

Random thought: Yay RHR!!

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment