Friday, April 9, 2010

New recipe 1/52

I was craving pumpkin. I wanted to find a recipe that wasn't pumpkin bread, cake, etc. I found a recipe for pumpkin cornbread. The raw dough left me thinking that it wasn't going to be good, but after it was baked it turned out yummy! Drizzle a little bit of honey and you have a winner. Below is the original recipe; I halved it.

Pumpkin Cornbread
-1 cup AP flour
-3/4 cup cornmeal
-1 t. baking powder
-1/2 t. baking soda
-1/4 t. salt
-2 eggs
-1 cup pumpkin
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup canola oil
-1 cup chopped pecans

Combine/whisk the first 5 ingredients and the brown sugar. Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, and oil until just combined. Add the pecans. For deep bread put into a greased 8x8 or 9x9; for thin place into a greased 9x13. Bake at 350 until done - start at 15 minutes.

Notes: of course I used less sugar, oil and nuts. A few of the reviews suggested adding some spices to it, but I think it was fine.

Random thought: Found Shane the funniest t-shirt, but I didn't buy it. Don't know if he'd appreciate it.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment