Sunday, February 7, 2010

Guess who's working the most in this family?

 Me.

Dad lost his job on Friday. The week before last he was told it might be a possibility. Well now it's a reality. Luckily he's being paid for this coming week. He's also receiving a severance package and the rest of 2010's PTO. So we'll be okay for a little while. Granted I still depend on them for the basics (most food, shelter, etc), but if there's anything I truly need/want I buy. The stress level in this house is going to go up even more once this all sinks in. I think it's going to affect mom the most since she is used to being home alone during the day. She works part-time from home so having dad is going to be a distraction. He may not realize it at first, but he WILL have to realize that even though she's home she is working. It'll be an adjustment; we'll get through it.

The weekend was good. I worked last night and after work went to the Posse house and had margaritas with Sam. Making them from scratch is so much better and slightly healthier than buying a pre-made mix. This morning I went for an AWESOME 7 1/2 mile run. I think I'm going to try for another outdoor run tomorrow morning before we get snow. If the roads are nasty I won't go to orchestra tomorrow night. Not worth the risk.

On an awesome note, thanks to [info]atlanticat for her words of wisdom this evening. All of you who read this give me words of wisdom in your own ways and I appreciate each and every one of you for it.

Random thought: I may not have been in church, but I had some good moments with God on my run this morning.

~Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Aw, yikes. Sorry to hear about your dad's job. :( This is like the Great Depression without all the cool hats.

    Speaking of God, I got this version of the Bible for Christmas called the Message and it's in contemporary language so it's kind of funny. You get an annoyed Jesus telling his mother "Don't push me," and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book info - I just put a hold on it at the library. :)

    ReplyDelete