Thursday, February 4, 2010

Booze cakes

 I love making me some booze cakes. Today I soaked some grated apple in some rum I found and made apple bread. I combined some vodka, pumpkin liquor and some apples and once the bread is cooled I'm going to poke some holes and pour the liquor all over the top. I should really take pictures of what/when I bake or cook. Actually, one of the things on my 24 List is to have LZ come over and do a shoot with me when I'm in the kitchen.

The past few days have been good. Tuesday night myself, Kelly, Laura (LZ), Caleb and Calli went to Gomeroke, karoke with a live band. Caleb's dad and his dad's wife joined us as well. Singing karoke is/was on LZ's 24 list. Her and I sang "Livin on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. If I ever do Gomeroke again I may try and sing solo. Glad my first time was with a friend!

Work was good, busy. Once again, I forgot that customers can hear us. My hottie came in before I started and I got a bit frustrated. I said "sometime I should just sit down where he does and tell him I've been trying to get his number and give him my damn number!" Then I joked with Erika how she should give him my number if I'm not there when he comes in. She says, "no, I'm not comfortable with that." Then the customer we had just waited on turns around and smiles. We both laugh, realize customers can hear us and she says "well she is single." My co-workers are great.

Tonight is Project Runway night. Booth is coming over. I felt kind of bad calling him when he was probably busy, but I didn't see him at work so I wanted to check to see if he was/wasn't coming. I'll just have a beer since I open tomorrow.

Random thought: Kitchen therapy tonight, retail therapy (I do need new workout clothes) and more kitchen therapy tomorrow.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment