Thursday, October 1, 2009

It took me how long?

So I had a thing for this guy I know named Kevin. As time went on my "thing" for him became less, but part of me was still curious. However, sometimes he'd say these real jerk'ish things that would make me think why the hell am I still talking to you? After one thing he said (that we'd have sex if I was drunk enough and he was desperate enough) a few of my close friends told me to stop talking to him all together, but I didn't.

We were talking last night, via IM, and he said another jerk thing and I called him out on it. I was sick of it. At first he said he was just being a smartass, but I called him out on that too and said that in person it may come out differently, but when it's over an instant message it can take on a completely different meaning. PLUS when you say you're "kind of sorry" are you really sorry or sorry you got called out?

I started explaining my deal and then I flat out said that I had liked him for a while, but didn't anymore. I didn't say why, but he was pretty quiet and didn't ask questions so maybe he correctly assumed it was because of those jerk things he said. After we got done talking my "curiousity" of him completely vanished. And we agreed that we make better friends than anything else. And if he ever makes stupid comments to me that I do not think are funny I will call him out on it again, like I would with any other of my friends.

Why it had to be that that made me completely stop liking him I don't know. All along I knew that if we were to ever get together that it would not be a good situation, but I was still curious. Not anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment