Monday, October 12, 2009

You taste just like glitter mixed with rock-and-roll

I am currently watching baseball. It may not be the Brewers, but I love me some baseball.

The weekend was good. When I wasn't working we were hanging out with Angela. Saturday morning we took her to the Farmer's Market. I bought some apple cider. We also went to Whole Paycheck Foods (totally stole that from you Cat ;)) where Angela bought a New Zealand lamb roast for Sunday dinner. I also bought some rice and a scone. I was dropped off at work early so I had lunch before starting. It was pretty slow, but typical for a Saturday.

Sunday I thought about getting out for a run, but mornings where I don't have to do anything right away are few-and-far between so I lounged for a bit and went for a long walk instead of a run. It was mum's birthday so we all had a lazy day. While dad was painting the door Angela, mum and I went shopping. I bought two sweaters and a new wallet. We built a fire outside and chatted with the neighbours for a bit. I ran around with the girls. Angela and I worked on dinner. The lamb roast and roasted vegetables were absolutely delicious! For dessert I made mum a Snickers-inspired cake: chocolate cake layered with chocolate frosting, caramel, ganache and peanuts. It was good! We lounged around a bit before I went to bed.

I opened at work this morning. It was good, although I always forget to fill the mini icebin with ice from the big ice bin. I got out 10 minutes early and stopped at Walgreens quick before going home. We had a bit of time before we had to drive Angela to the airport. After we said our goodbyes we stopped at the post office so I could mail something. I had a piece of cake before going on thetreadmill. I showered and am now doing random stuff before I start dinner and go out tonight.

Random thought: I just love baseball players.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment