Monday, March 29, 2010

The work-heavy weekend

I worked 7 hours Friday, 8 hours Saturday and almost 8 hours on Sunday.

Friday and Saturday evenings were spent getting ready for the respective business launches of LZ and Becki. I catered their event and specialized on vegan food since Becki is vegan. It was not very hard to make vegan food. I choose "easier" recipes since it was my first time. The crispi bars were awesome and so easy to make. I've made hummus before. I've made cupcakes before; I just had to substitute a few ingredients. The black bean-and-rice cakes didn't call for any "interesting" ingredients, but it had a lot of steps. But they were soooo good.

Sunday wasn't my best day and I let the little things get to me. I was a bit upset since I had not heard from Shane. I just like knowing whether I have plans or not so I can plan my day accordingly. I was also mad at myself for letting myself get so upset over something so trivial. I thought about having some kitchen therapy, but I decided to play my violin instead. Well not even 10 minutes after I started playing Shane called and we made plans. We saw a movie and hung out and talked and did other fun stuff.

Today I was supposed to get my new crowne, but because the dentist didn't like the colour I have to go back next week. Oh well. Mom and I ran some errands. I'm about to make some granola bars. I thought about walking to the liquor store so I can make my birthday cake (it calls for booze), but I'm just going to go after work tomorrow and make the cake tomorrow evening.

Random thought: Pics of the boy to come soon. :)

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment