Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things are okay

 Or are getting that way.

Shane FINALLY contacted me late Thursday and we saw each other Friday after I got done at work. I told him I wasn't happy about his lack of communication. Instead of saying "you made me cry, worried, pissed and frustrated" I concentrated solely on the me being worried. I knew he felt shitty and didn't want to make him feel way more shitty - just a bit. I told him I have a tendency to worry and that next time, even if it's via text messages, take a few seconds to let me know he's busy and that we'll talk soon. I mean that's what I really wanted in the first place.

I walked him to work and then went to run an errand. I hung out with my neighbours for about 2 hours which was awesome. I then went back downtown and met up with Shane and Val at their work. They always get a free beer after work on Fridays so we all sat around and talked. We went to the Tiki Shack afterwards, which is this place specializing in rum/Caribbean drinks. I need to stop going there with those two! I got a decent buzz and knocked Shane's drink in his lap. Luckily it was almost gone. Since I had to work downtown the next morning I just crashed at Shane's place. I love sleeping next to him and cuddling and holding hands. I just wish I didn't have to leave at a little after 6:00 for work. The first hour of work was awful. I didn't think I was hungover since I felt fine when I woke up and walked the mile'ish to work okay, but as soon as I got there I felt awful. I was able to get everything ready and opened at 7:00. We're not allowed to sit, but I brought out a chair. I had my first customer a little after 7:30. I almost didn't make it through making her drink. As soon as I handed it to her I went into the bathroom and threw up. I sat down and took it easy until my next customer came in about 5 minutes later. I was good to go after that. Weird.

I work tomorrow and Monday and have Tuesday and Wednesday off. I'm going to visit my friends Jolie and Justin. I just need to get out of town for a bit. I also am having a co-worker work my shift on Friday so I can spend Thursday night/Friday morning and afternoon with Shane. He doesn't work until 5:00 on Friday and with us both being busy and on different schedules it'll be nice for me to spend the night when I don't have to leave early and we can sleep in and cuddle.

Random thought: I did make a new recipe. It was mini-chocolate cupcakes and they turned out yummy.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment