Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My summer vacation

I went to Oshkosh.

First I drove Shane to the airport. Even though we only had 45'ish minutes together I'm still glad I took him. He was only gone for two days, but it was still sad saying goodbye. I didn't want to stop hugging him. I said "we're going to have a lot of these goodbyes coming up, aren't we." He just smiled kind of weakly and nodded. After our goodbyes I drove straight to Oshkosh to visit Jolie and Justin. Sooooo nice having some girl time with Jolie. We made pizza and watched movies. We also did our nails. We had good, honest, meaningful and much-needed conversations. I seriously had the best night of sleep I had had for a while that night. I fell asleep right away and didn't have to worry about getting up early for work or to go run.

Jolie and I made breakfast: biscuits, purple potatoes and fresh fruit. Justin went to work so Jolie and I went thrift-shopping. I found a cute skirt for $1.50. We came back to the apartment and Jolie got ready for an interview. Justin drove and while Jolie was interviewing Justin and I had a really nice talk. It was nice getting a male-perspective on relationships from someone who is an outsider to the situation. Like Justin said Shane and I do not have a typical relationship. While it sucks sometimes we both signed up for it and if neither of us could handle it we'd say so. After Jolie's interview (which went well!) we grabbed a quick lunch. We lounged a little bit before I drove him. The drive was uneventful. A bit warm at times, but not too bad.

This morning I woke early to run. I hate this damn humidity. I was going to try for 10-11 miles - I did almost 7 1/2, including walking. I'm going to try for 14-15 next week. To prepare for my marathon I don't plan on doing more than 20-22 miles as my long run and that should be done roughly 3-4 weeks out, so mid-September, so I'm okay if my long runs don't go as planned 100% of the time. I ran a few errands, lounged around and read. I am currently reading Jane Eyreand it is pretty good so far.

Tomorrow I go back to work. Hopefully I'll see Shane too, albeit late since he has practice. I don't care if it's late. I don't work Friday and he doesn't work until 5:00 p.m. Even if half of the time is spent sleeping he's right next to me and that alone makes me feel good and gives me comfort.

Random thought: Time to find dinner.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment