Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend in review

I had a good weekend considering my crappy Friday. I'll just do tidbits instead of writing long posts. Not really into writing a whole lot today, although I'd certainly have the time.

Friday:
I hosted a BBQ that night and had a bunch of friends over. I made some really good food and everyone had fun. After we ate we played bakery baseball (the baseball being the bakery items) and then we went to Jaime's house and enjoyed some laughter while watching Twilight.

Saturday:
I went for a run in the rain and it was AMAZING. My parents went to visit my grandmas so I lounged around a bit before getting ready for my friend's wedding. It was outdoors and it was a very lovely ceremony. After that I read and had "Band of Brothers" on in the background before heading over to Sam's for her birthday dinner and game night.

Sunday:

I went for a "short" walk before getting ready for our mini road trip. Sam walked over and Val and Ali picked us up a little after 11:00. We took our time getting up to La Crosse since Val's brother was working. To kill some time we hung out at Perrot State Park and even climbed one of the bluffs! Once Val's brother was done working we headed to the Twin Cities. A few wrong turns added some time, but we FINALLY got to the hotel. Since it was a Sunday night restaurants were already closed so we went to a grocery store, which probably ended up being cheaper. We also swam in a chlorine-heavy pool.

Monday:
We woke up early, had breakfast, cleaned up and left for the Mall of America at about 10:00. I forgot how big that place is. I didn't spend all of my money, which is fine by me. I had my two trips all budgeted out, but any money I can save I will. We left the mall at about 4:00 and got back to La Crosse just after 6:00. We stopped for ice cream and were back in Madison at around 10:00.

Random thought: On a completely unrelated note I had heard from Alison twice recently so I think I will be hearing from her on a more-regular basis. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment