Monday, May 4, 2009

Jason Mraz is awesome

I'm soooooooooooo glad I bought tickets for the concert. I took Janice, Tim's girlfriend, and we had an awesome time. The opening girl wasn't too bad and the Plain White T's ("Hey There Dahlila") rocked it out! They should release some of their up-tempo stuff. And of course Jason Mraz was great. I was tired after working and didn't have much time to relax before the concert, but I was pumped up at the end of the night. Janice explained that at most of his concerts he only plays recent songs and new stuff he's working on. That was the case, but he did play his first mainstream hit "The Remedy."

The end of the week and the weekend went well. My buddies on their racing radio show had Will Power on! They didn't do it just for me, but I think I was an extra incentive. ;) Friday was a good day. Five of us went up to La Crosse to visit Jaime. We've been trying to organize a road trip for years (not joking on that one) to visit her up at school. And she comes home this Friday. LOL But it was fun.

Saturday morning started off with a run. It felt soooo good to do that on a weekend without lots of traffic. I showered and got ready for my concert. We went to the farmer's market. Not a lot of stuff is there since it's the beginning of the season, but we bought some stuff. I had to be downtown for my concert so I just stayed there so there wouldn't be lots of driving back-and-forth. I bought some chai, called Jen, looked at a book and windowshopped. The concert went okay. Our second to last song was really good. Tim and Janice came down that evening so we visited with them and with the neighbours. I got two beers from our neighbours - I LOVE my neighbours. lol

Sunday I worked. We were very busy, but that's good for business, although we didn't get a lot done in back. After work I went to Sam's band concert. Because of the time I could only stay for one song. I rested at home for a little bit and then went to the concert with Janice. We were both really hungry so we sucked it up and got McDonalds. I rarely do that and I exercise so once in a very small while is okay.

Random thought: Fun night with Val and Ali tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment