Monday, August 16, 2010

Lots of changes.

Lots of stories.

Cliff-notes version all right?

I officially moved out of my parent's house last night. It hasn't sunk in yet, although I am feeling lonely. My roommates work the typical 8-4 or 9-5 shifts most days; most days I am done by 2:00. Most of my stuff is at the new place. I forgot a few things and am going back on Wednesday to pick it up. I won't spend the night. I'll probably spend the night there on Saturday since we are going up to Road America on Sunday.

I also BOUGHT a car. This was the biggest shocker. I mentioned how I would probably need a car sooner than later. I was thinking in a few month, sometime before winter. My dad did some research a few weeks ago. We looked at the car last Wednesday, finalized the deal on Wednesday and I brought it home Friday. It's very overwhelming. I went from having few expenses to now having rent and all that comes with that and (soon to be) car payments and insurance. I'll be able to pay for it all and not deplete all of my savings. Savings will be used to pay for the actual car and even if it's a small amount I'll still be able to put some money into savings. I don't eat a lot - especially of late - so food won't be a big expense. Baseball season is almost over so I won't be driving to Milwaukee too often.

I've also been super stressed, but that is finally starting to calm down. I have a long run planned for Wednesday so hopefully that will work out. I have not had a long run in about a month, due to reasons I will not get into.

Random thought: I'm glad I found my small notebook.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment