Sunday, August 22, 2010

Conversation of the Day

This made my day.

My weekend.

Perhaps even my past few weeks.

Y'all know I've been "meh" these past few weeks. I went up to Road America with my parents today. Road America is a 4.048-mile race track in Elkhart Lake, WI. I used to be a HUGE openwheel racing fan. Once that went to the toilet, I started to follow sports cars more. This weekend the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) was at Road America. I've got some friends in that series, including the driver below, Ryan Dalziel. There was an autograph session and I went to get his autograph and the following conversation took place.



Ryan: FINALLY, someone I know!
Me: Yeah. How are you?
Ryan: Good, thanks. How are you?
Me: Good. I heard you got married. Congratulations.
Ryan: Yup. That's what happens when you suffer a mid-life crisis. I was fired, got married and bought a dog.
Me: I broke up with my boyfriend, moved out and bought a new car.
Ryan: Well now you can pass him and laugh at him.

Random thought: Even though you do not know the details or circumstances, thank you Ryan Dalziel!

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment