Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birthday

I woke up yesterday and walked 10K on the treadmill. I showered and went straight to working on my birthday dinner. I was able to relax a little bit and read and listen to birthday messages. I made my kringle after lunch - it turned out pretty good!

I picked up Jolie a little after 4:30 and we went grocery shopping and then we went back to my place and started on the soup. She really enjoyed helping me. While the soup was cooking we watched some youtube videos. Looks up "slap chop" - hilarious. Just as the soup was done my guests started arriving; they helped me set the table. I worked on the polenta; it turned out better than I expected. I had not made that kind of polenta before. After dinner and kringle we went downstairs for gifts and drinks. My vodka supply went down. LOL We went for a few late-night walks. Everyone was gone by 1:30. It was a fun night and I received some nice cards and gifts and dinner was great so that made me happy.

Today I slept in and went on the treadmill. I said I'd give myself a day off, but I didn't. I walked a little over two miles, but they were easy. I went to work, made cakes and dough and filled up my beast (the car) after work. Now I am doing some computer stuff and will be starting dinner soon. Since friends were over last night we're doing family birthday celebration tonight.

Random thought: Last episode EVER of ER tonight. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment